1974 Porsche 914-4. 1.8L 4 cylinder. 5-speed manual with 4-wheel disc brakes. 71,400 original miles.
Body is solid, repainted in original orange (Porsche paint: Signal Orange) during prior ownership. Paint is 8/10. There has been body work done to the left (driver-side) front corner, also during prior ownership. Body work looks to have been done professionally and remains solid without rust. Battery box (ie “hell hole”) is solid and has been cleaned and rust treatment applied (by me). Also, previous owner replaced (welded) new jacking tubes on both sides and installed new rockers on both sides. Original fiberglass targa top is in excellent condition, no cracks or chips. All* exterior chrome bumpers and trim is present and in very good to excellent condition. *Note that rear “PORSCHE” cosmetic panel was added by previous owner and original factory rear trim is not present.
The engine was also reportedly rebuilt during prior ownership, although no records are available. Runs strong with only small (common) oil leak at oil cooler mount/port. Transmission shifts smoothly. Brakes, body and chassis are solid.
All original glass is in excellent condition with no chips or cracks. Glass seals are also in good condition with no water leaks found.
Newer tires (mileage unknown, but likely less than 5K) and aftermarket wheels are in very good condition.
During my 3+ year ownership the car has been refurbished and updated as follows:
· Body underside cleaned and inspected. Minor, localized rust areas repaired, rust prevention treated and painted.
· Inspected and cleaned heater channels. No signs of damage or rust. Heater works!
· Dismantled, cleaned and inspected front suspension, including steering rack and torsion bars. All new bushings installed throughout.
· Koni adjustable shocks installed front and rear.
· Front wheel bearings replaced.
· Front brake calipers cleaned and rebuilt. New pads installed.
· New brake master cylinder installed with damaged (bent) brake lines replaced.
· Gas tank removed, cleaned, inspected and treated with POR15 gas tank sealant. No significant damage or leaks noted so sealant was done for future protection only. New fuel level sending unit installed.
· Heater motor removed, cleaned, inspected with new ducting installed as needed.
· New, period-correct, European-spec Hella headlamps installed.
· Entire interior, with exception of dash, was removed and replaced, including new floor sound deadening, carpeting, pedal rubber, center console/arm rest (map lamp and USB port installed), seat upholstery, door panels and rear bulkhead. As well as new MOMO steering wheel & new seatbelts (NOS from Germany).
· Original factory AM/FM radio remains and is fully functional.
· Dash top vinyl has a single crack approximately in middle (common). Car comes with an aftermarket, custom fit dash cover.
· Targa top seals, front and rear are in very good condition with no leaks.
· New engine mount crossmember isolators installed.
· New shift linkage bushings installed.
· Weber carbs, installed by previous owner, removed cleaned, inspected and re-adjusted.
· New fuel pump and fuel filter installed.
· New sparkplugs, wires, rotor, cap, points and condenser.
· New gel cell (no liquid acid!) battery.
Everything electrical works on the car, although I have removed the interior curtesy lamp in favor of the map light noted above and disconnected the seatbelt buzzer (very annoying).
Receipts for all parts I have purchased are available and will be provided with the car. Haynes shop manual and electrical diagram will also come with car.
Car will come with set of 5 original, factory steel wheels (no hub caps), original (I believe) factory center console with working engine temp and oil pressure gauges, but non-functional clock, original “bow tie” steering wheel in excellent cond., as well as miscellaneous items that have been removed during repair/replacement.
Car comes with a clear Ohio title stating odometer mileage is accurate.
Reason for selling: this is a completed project with new project car one coming soon.
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: pty1230
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States